- Gerhard Holzapfel has received the William Prager Medal from the Society of Engineering Science (USA) in 2021, for outstanding contributions to the applications of solid mechanics in the development of continuum theory, computational methods, simulations and experiments in the biomechanics of soft biological materials.
- Gerhard Holzapfel has received the Warner T. Koiter Medal from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (USA) in 2021. Professor Holzapfel receives the Koiter Medal for outstanding contributions to the applications of solid mechanics in the development of continuum theory, computational methods, simulations and experiments in the biomechanics of soft biological materials; and for international leadership in the field through editorships, conference organization, mentoring and Ph.D.-level education.
- Stefanie Elgeti has received the Olgierd Cecil Zienkiewicz Award of ECCOMAS (European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences) in 2020. With this award, the organization honors outstanding contributions in the field of computational engineering every two years. Prof. Elgeti and her research group develop mathematical methods, e.g. for the production of aluminum components or plastic injection molding.
- Alfredo Soldati has been elected a EUROMECH Fellow by the Council of the European Mechanics Society in 2020 with the following citation: “The Fellowship has been awarded to Professor Alfredo Soldati for his contribution to the understanding of fundamental processes in multiphase turbulent flows and for his great dedication to the international fluid
- Herbert Mang has been honoured for his scientific life's work with the highest award that China awards for research achievements from abroad, January 2020.
- Manfred Kaltenbacher has been awarded the Doctor Honoris Causa (Dr. h.c.) from Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in May 2019.
- Josef Eberhardsteiner has been elected to be a Corresponding Member of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
- Alfredo Soldati: IUTAM General Assembly has elected him to be a member of the IUTAM Congress Committee for the period 1st November 2020 to 31st October 2024.
- Christian Hellmich is elected corresponding member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW), mathematical-scientific class in Austria, April 2019.
- Manfred Kaltenbacher has been elected by the General Assembly on 2019 September 11 to be a board member of ICA (International Commission for Acoustics, http://icacommission.org/ica19-22.html), which is affiliated to IUTAM.